Technical Project Manager
Project Management Team
Domain7 is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team in either our Vancouver or Abbotsford office. We’re looking for someone who is thoughtful, strategic and disciplined. You are tech-savvy and up to date with the latest technical developments, but you’re also a great communicator and leader. We're looking for someone who has a strong background in project management working on complex systems and digital products, someone who is extremely detail-oriented, passionate, excited to learn and grow with us, as well as someone who can hit the ground running in a busy, dynamic environment.
You will certainly spend plenty of time tracking budgets and schedules, managing scope, creating project plans, calling out risk, and managing cross-disciplinary production teams to successful project completion. You'll need to master the delicate balance of too much process and not enough process. We're all about flexibility, and we customize our process to fit the needs of any given project.
- Provide leadership in the process of creating innovative, transformative, and empathic digital experiences
- Manage and iterate the research, planning and production processes of product in a manner that is clear to the internal team and the client
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout the entire process while establishing successful long-term relationships
- Problem solve and generate new ideas for your clients through feature development, use of new tools, and brainstorming with the team.
- Lead the planning of your client’s digital success metrics, and hold them up as decision-making and performance evaluation criteria throughout projects
- Be consistent and profitable in your projects.
- Manage scope and hours to ensure our team is delivering high quality products on time and on budget
- Work closely with UX, design, and development teams, developing successful, accountable, and supportive relationships with team members.
- Work closely with the client, communicating proactively and empathetically.
- Create transparency with clients through accurate metrics tracking and reporting
- Surface issues and risks appropriately to the internal team and the client to manage them collaboratively
- Collaboratively break down complicated problems and solutions into the features that will deliver on the identified success metrics of a product
- Participate in craft and career development activities and initiatives with other project and product managers at Domain7
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Project Manager role and/or equivalent in Business Analyst or Development Team Leadership.
- A good track record of delivering projects that meet their success metrics, while coming in on time and on budget
- Experience with web frameworks and platforms (our team favours open source tools like Ruby on Rails, React, AngularJS, Meteor, and others)
- Knowledge of project management processes, industry best practices, and experience with project management tools
- Professional communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- The energy, interest and commitment to own your role beyond the job description
- Strong buy-in to collaboration and winning as a team
- Understanding of and strong knowledge in planning projects based on both the agile or waterfall frameworks
Introduce yourself to us! Tell us about the projects you’ve been a part of, what roles you’ve played in bringing them to end users, the tech you’ve used, and teams you’ve been a part of.